Homeowners Insurance Information
In 2012, Cullman was Alabama’s selection of Bloomberg Businessweek’s 50 Best Places to Raise Your Kids
. To protect all that’s important to you, invest in homeowners insurance. For over 20 years, Jean Deese Insurance Agency
has helped homeowners throughout Northern Alabama get customized, tailored coverage.
Get A Quote Now
Understanding Homeowners Insurance
In 2011, Cullman received a direct hit from an EF4 tornado. Countless local homes, business and lives were destroyed. It was one of the costliest disasters in the history of Alabama. Think about what such total devastation might mean for your wallet. Could you afford the repair costs?
Answering that question should be your incentive to get home insurance. Coverage provides funds to help you avoid many cost burdens related to multiple household accidents. With it, you won’t have to worry about how you’ll afford your recovery, and you won’t have to suffer the total loss of your home.
Your Policy Options
In many cases, lenders require home buyers to purchase homeowners insurance. Still, regardless of whether you have a requirement, you need coverage nonetheless.
Consider just a few of the options your policy might provide:
- Structure Insurance - Should damaging accidents, like fires, vandalism or severe weather damage the home, structure coverage can pay for repairs. To cover other buildings on the property like storage sheds, you can also buy other structures or detached structures coverage.
- Personal Property Insurance - Your belongings like clothing, furniture and electronics could sustain damage or be lost to theft. Coverage pays damaged materials’ actual cash value to help you repair or replace the items.
- Homeowners Liability Insurance - Liability insurance covers the costs of harm you might cause to other people who aren’t related to you. It might also help you pay your legal costs if the affected party sues you. Coverage often provides bodily injury coverage for third-party injuries. Most will also include property damage liability insurance that pays in case you damage others’ properties or belongings.
- Living Expenses Coverage - Living expenses insurance can help you pay for hotel bills, dining costs and related expenses in case an accident at home temporarily displaces you.
- Scheduled Items - You can insure high-value items, like art or jewelry, with specific limits using this coverage.
- Pet Liability Insurance - If your pet bites someone or causes them property damage, coverage can pay for the resulting costs.
- Medical Payments Supplements - Regardless of if you have any negligence in a visitor’s injuries, this coverage can pay for their needs.
Replacement Costs Homeowners Insurance
Cullman’s median home value is around $159,000, and property values have appreciated over the last two decades. You want to be able to recoup that investment should the home experience damage. That’s why your home’s insurance needs to offer replacement cost value (RCV) structure insurance. Regardless of appreciation in the property value, you’ll be able to get enough money to rebuild.
Understanding Your Costs
As an independent agency, we can compare a multitude of policy options to make sure you always get the one that offers the lowest costs for the best-fit of coverage.With our convenient office in Cullman, we provide customized coverage for clients in Vinemont, Falkville, Hanceville, Good Hope, and Decatur. Contact us today
to learn more!