Protecting your property from storm, wind and hail damage may require you to purchase insurance coverage in addition to your home or business policy.
Contact Jean Dees Agency serving the Cullman, California, area today to learn more about protecting your property from potential storm damage.
Is Insurance Available for Storm Damage?
While many home and business property insurance policies include storm damage caused by wind, hail and lightning, it’s crucial to check with your agent to ensure you have appropriate insurance coverage.
You may have concerns about specific types of potential damage, including:
· Water and ice—California’s unpredictable weather can produce snow and ice during the winter months, which can cause ice dams and snow buildup on the roof of your home or business. As snow and ice melt, water runoff may cause damage to your home’s gutters, downspouts, roof, attic and insulation. Certain types of water damage may be covered by a standard home or business property insurance policy.
· Power surges and lightning strikes—Smoke and fire damage can trigger the need for extensive repairs. Power surges can damage electronics and wiring. Check your insurance policy limits to ensure you have enough coverage to handle this damage.
· Hail, wind and fallen trees—Damage from severe storms can be extensive. Fallen trees, damaged siding and shingles, and water damage from wind-driven are all common after a storm. While many insurance policies include limited coverage for fallen trees, it’s crucial to understand your coverage and ensure your property is adequately protected.
· Floods—Homeowners insurance and business property insurance do not include coverage for damage caused by flooding. Flood insurance is a separate policy that your agent can help you access if you have concerns about potential flood damage.
· Earthquakes—California residents can get earthquake insurance through any company offering homeowners insurance, which must be offered every other year. If you rent your home or have a condo or mobile home, you can get special earthquake coverage to help repair or replace your belongings and help pay bills associated with living somewhere else while your home is being repaired.
Contact Us to Get California Storm Insurance
While many types of storm damage are included with a typical California business or homeowners insurance policy, it’s wise to speak with your agent to confirm that you have appropriate coverage for your situation. Contact the jean Deese Agency today to learn more about how to insure your California property and get a quote.